Home > Temporary Status : Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas
Temporary Status : Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visas
If you plan to visit Canada, you must:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport
- be in good health
- convince a visa officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
- convince a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
- have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
You may also need:
- a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship.
- a medical examination, and
- a letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who lives in Canada.
Some people are inadmissible-they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.
Criminal offences include both minor and serious offences, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code.
If you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18, you can probably still enter Canada.
How can Abrams & Krochak help?
Abrams & Krochak can assist by preparing an affidavit that will serve as your letter of invitation. You must have a relative or friend who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who will sign the affidavit to invite you to come to Canada for the visit. Abrams & Krochak can also prepare the Application forms for the Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa Application and provide advice concerning the supporting documents necessary to increase the chance for a successful Application.
If you are interested in retaining our services to obtain a Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa, send your request through the General inquiry form